terça-feira, 12 de outubro de 2010

Pollution in my city? What are you talking about?




Hi guys!

Let's talk a little bit about air... that air you are consuming right now. Everybody knows that air is one of the last thing people are not charging for... however, what is the quality of the air we are consuming? Do you know?
I believe that everything is connected in a well-functioning, and similarly with what happens in nature, these interactions are all important when we try to analize the reason for which people feel ill or experience disease. Although sometimes we are not able to be aware of the air pollution in our city, these pollutants are there, getting into our lungs at each breath - sixteen times per minute during rest or about one hundred times if we are doing exercise. Who cares? We all should.
I do care if the water I'm drinking everyday is full of chemical and metals, accumulating in my body during all my life until it will have caused cancer. I don't want to be unware because I can do something now. How can I change this situation? Who is responsible? How can I support the health and well-being of my community, as well as for those who will be born, the friends and the children of my children?
It's just an example. Things I'm thinking about these days. Good days. I wake up trees are smiling for me, yellow, red and green leaves swinging...besides the cold outside, it is sunny for a while. I think about my family and everybody who I love, miles and miles far from me but still close, inside my hearth. Outdoors the cold wind kisses my face to says good morning. While I'm walking cuddly squirrels running away and bitting acorns make me laugh. The grass is so green. The smell of nature. Seems happy.
I wonder: how about the multitude outside this, outside the american dream? Outside rich and safe places in Brazil? How about us and my health being damaged because of pollution, as well as everything wrong around us? Here and in my country, I cannot be blind to the disparities between people as we are...
Let's fight for this too, for the right to breath properly. Let's do research, talk with friends about these issues, know where we live and ask explanations for authorities. Let's care.

See you guys! Thanks for visit my blog!

5 comentários:

  1. uau, q texto!!!
    Parabéns pelo inglês e pelo conhecimento de vida e consciência crítica q vc está aprimorando!
    Saudades...
    Chris

    ResponderExcluir
  2. You go girl!!! Congratulations again. And yes, you have apoint. It's high time we did something about this situation. We have to understand the only ones to suffer the conseguences are us, that's it. Cheers
    Keep writing!!

    ResponderExcluir
  3. Olá, Traduz para os pobres mortais que mal falam uma língua, as fotos são ótimas e o tema interessante.
    abraço

    ResponderExcluir
  4. Ná , parabens pelo blog , mto bom , descobrinco seu lado ambientalista ne !!!!
    Evironment asks for help !
    Coloca a foto direito . Vc ta de lado, em pe na parede kkkkkkkkkk
    A hug .

    ResponderExcluir
  5. Eu sei que a minha foto ta virada...mas eu nao consigo desvirar! huahuahuahau... Pois e...meio ambiente tambem e saude! Teos que considerar todas as possibilidades! Aproveito pra agradecer o pessoal tudo ai que esta entrando no meu BLOG!!!!

    ResponderExcluir